[Outages-discussion] Cloudflare outages

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Jul 2 16:30:45 EDT 2019

FYI:

 <https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/tx4pgxs6zxdr> HTTP 502 errors

Resolved - Cloudflare has resolved the issue and services have resumed normal operation.
Jul 2, 14:57 UTC

Update - Cloudflare has implemented a fix for this issue and is currently monitoring the results.

Major outage impacted all Cloudflare services globally. We saw a massive spike in CPU that caused primary and secondary systems to fall over. We shut down the process that was causing the CPU spike. Service restored to normal within ~30 minutes. We’re now investigating the root cause of what happened.
Jul 2, 14:50 UTC

Monitoring - Cloudflare has implemented a fix for this issue and is currently monitoring the results.

We will update the status once the issue is resolved.
Jul 2, 14:15 UTC

Investigating - Cloudflare is observing network performance issues. Customers may be experiencing 502 errors while accessing sites on Cloudflare.

We are working to mitigate impact to Internet users in this region.
Jul 2, 13:52 UTC

Frank