[Outages-discussion] [EXTERNAL] Re: Spam from Dymaxion?

Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal) Brad.Chapman at nbcuni.com
Wed Jul 3 17:26:49 EDT 2019

3 emails per hour is too low.  This could cut off some legitimate conversation.

I did some RTT tests with outages at outages.org with the admins a few weeks ago.  The average RTT for this listserv, when there isn't a broadcast storm, is about 45 seconds.  The Dymaxion ticketing system was generating about 2 emails a minute.

I think 5 emails from the same sender within 10 minutes would catch every instance of "Sorcerer's Apprentice" broomsticks gone amok, while preserving legitimate exchange between parties (even if those replies are minutes apart).