[Outages-discussion] [outages] Comcast Issues Central & East

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:18:26 EDT 2019

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 2:11 PM Scott Weeks <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
> and uses RIPv2 to announce its LAN-side IPv4 block
>
> They use what!?!?!  :)

I know, right? But I've seen the gateway device configurations with my
own eyes. To be clear, I am _only_ talking about "Comcast Business
Internet," the service supplied over DOCSIS at a cost not all that
much higher than residential cable Internet service.

Even so, I have to imagine that these routes get redistributed into
something a bit more modern either at or very close to the CMTS.

-Rusty