[Outages-discussion] Google network issues

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Jun 4 15:52:24 EDT 2019

--- spork at bway.net wrote:
From: Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net>

I guess "the cloud" doesn’t have a separate management network. :)

——
Once alerted, engineering teams quickly identified the cause of
the network congestion, but the same network congestion which was
creating service degradation also slowed the engineering teams’
ability to restore the correct configurations, prolonging the
outage.
——

Or a QoS policy allowing the ops team's traffic before other
traffic, or an OOB network (which you mentioned), or a phone
line to an AUX port or a [...], etc, etc, etc.

I participate in operating a network on the raggedy edges of
the internet (ILEC in Hawaii) and I have this issue solved
with redundancy!

scott