[Outages-discussion] TMO WiFi Calling Borked: WAS: Re: Cellular Outage

jrk1231-outml at nym.hush.com jrk1231-outml at nym.hush.com
Mon Jun 15 17:33:54 EDT 2020

CHS, SC area, iPhone, TMO, no carrier update msg: Interestingly, WiFi
calling connectivity fails. Have working WiFi connectivity with no
issues. I see the phone briefly flash the "T-Mobile WiFi" symbol for 2
to 3 seconds, and it quickly reverts to "T-Mobile LTE" and a spinning
connectivity-establishment pattern next to it for the next minutes or
two, after which it gets "T-Mobile WiFI" again for a few seconds. The
process appears to repeat infinitely. When I try to place calls to
anyone on any network, either the call doesn't complete, or I get VM.
If I turn off WiFi Calling, I still can't place calls and get either
VM or the call doesn't complete. Same behavior regardless of
destination provider.
--
Jon R. Kibler
Voicemail: +1-843-310-8879Blog: Real World Cyber Security

Most of the data on this site has value, but there is also a lot of
noise.

When reporting an issue with the carriers, people have three choices:
no signal, no calls, no data.

Perhaps the reports on the other carriers is the result of customers
calling a friend who has T-Mobile or Sprint, and the call did not go
through.  They assume, erroneously, that it must be their own
carrier's fault.

-Brad

On 6/15/20, 1:53 PM, "Outages on behalf of Jay R. Ashworth via