[Outages-discussion] OVH IPv6 100% Package Loss in BHS (Canada DC)

Jim Popovitch jimpop at domainmail.org
Mon Sep 7 16:03:18 EDT 2020

On Mon, 2020-09-07 at 22:56 +0300, Vlad Dascalu wrote:
> Dropped at hop 11 (there's nothing after it).

The only guess I have is that your IPv6, or something in it's /64,
caused enough abuse in the past that it ended up getting blocked. I'm
not saying it was you that did it, it could have been a neighbor on that
same subnet (/64).  That's why in hosting arrangements it's important to
get a subnet not a single IP in the middle of a bunch of other single
IPs.

-Jim P.