[Outages-discussion] [outages] [META] Some outages are planned

John Kinsella jlk at thrashyour.com
Tue Sep 8 17:48:16 EDT 2020

> On Sep 8, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Damian Menscher <damian at google.com> wrote:
>
> I guess this was before change management procedures had a section to describe the rollback plan, in case something goes wrong with the new system.
>
> Or was their rollback plan: "splice thousands of cables”?

That’s a separate video :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJILzLhdCmU <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJILzLhdCmU>

Vaguely related: I just finished reading The Idea Factory - a little slow at times, and I wish they had covered some of the newer stuff in a little more detail, but overall a great read of the history of bell labs.

John