[Outages-discussion] [EXTERNAL] Re: [outages] r/wallstreetbets down

Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal) Brad.Chapman at nbcuni.com
Wed Jan 27 20:56:14 EST 2021

This morning there was an article published in Bloomberg entitled “Flows Before Pros.”  It served to highlight the strategy employed by “retail traders” using RobinHood and coördinating via /r/WallStreetBets.  A few people made millions.  Many have lost thousands, and some their entire life savings.
Frankly, I think the activity warrants heightened scrutiny by the SEC.

Anyway, the subreddit is public again with a new scrolling banner of a beatified Jerome Powell.  The previous banner, a cartoon rainbow phallus, was decidedly not safe for work (or Bloomberg readers).

—Sent from my iPhone