[Outages-discussion] [outages] not quite an outage, more a hack, "Urgent: Threat actor in systems" emails from FBI infrastructure

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Nov 13 19:11:08 EST 2021

On 11/13/21 10:45 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> procmail has that built in, I think, and I'd thought Mailman did as
> well, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

I'm not recalling procmail having that functionality.  The things that
come to mind are procmail recipes calling formail to do the uniqueness
test.  But there's a chance that I'm overlooking something.

> Such a filter would, of course, have to go on the input side of
> ... well, maybe it wouldn't.  I've never actually given any thought
> to how Mailman handles Message-ID.  I expect Jared will know off-hand,
> though.

I think it would be considerably more efficient to have unique
(mailing list).  But either could work.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die