[Outages-discussion] FB Outage AAR I - Engineering Posts Pabulum

Dr. Ogg ogg at sr375.com
Tue Oct 5 19:11:36 EDT 2021

One glaring issue I see is that the facility infrastructure seems to be the same or related to the service infrastructure. The tooling required for access control to the facility should not reside on the same network as the service. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems to be implied that this one change to the routers impacted more than the service.

I would like to know more details on how Facebook has set up its facility access. Also related is Out of Band management.