[Outages-discussion] [outages] Ping to Google 8.8.8.8

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Feb 9 18:36:17 EST 2022

> On Feb 9, 2022, at 6:14 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

You’d think they’d at least ping OpenDNS/Umbrella instead of 8.8.8.8...

https://docs.umbrella.com/deployment-umbrella/docs/point-your-dns-to-cisco

They appear to be anycasted (6ms on east coast, 2ms on west coast for 208.67.222.222).

Seems like if anyone could dig up an easy to remember IP and own it, Cisco could.

Charles