[Outages] [Fwd: Verizon PSTN issues?]

virendra rode // virendra.rode
Wed Nov 8 01:28:08 EST 2006

Keith,

Wallace Keith wrote:
> Not sure this will shed any light on it, but from about 15:20 eastern to
> the end of the day, one of my call centers in texas had an issue where
> about 50% of the outbound calls went high and dry. We have dedicated
> PRI's from 2 different carriers, both were affected. After the setup
> message, and delayed response, a status enquiry message would be sent by
> our pbx, with the respones "call init state"  Perhaps this was an SS7
> issue?. I sure do miss the FCC outage info being public.
> -Keith
- ----------------------------
Kinda reminds me of verizon socal issue which took place around OCT,
2005 time frame.

I thought one could request reports in writing under the Freedom of
Information Act? BTW, we also have couple special agents on list who
could possibly shed some light.

Sorry, I wish I could provide more information on the situation. I'm
still trying to establish contact w/ FCC, TEMA and others for their
co-operation.

regards,
/virendra