[Outages] Fiber Cut

Brian Fertig brian
Thu Feb 22 21:14:21 EST 2007

Does anyone if there are any problems in Chicago with L3?  I have been
trying to chase down a problem with one of my vendors and found it could
possibly be an issue there.  I found major packet loss along with well over
2.5 seconds of latency.

this is the hostname that comes up for the troubled router:

     ae-1-100.ebr1.Chicago1.Level3.net

--

Brian Fertig

Director of Engineering

Molten, Inc.

Delaware Office

Office 800.418.4380 x 160

Direct 302.338.9601

Cell   813.817.9961

"The information in this electronic mail ("e-mail") message may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged, or may otherwise be protected by work product or other legal rules. It is solely for the use of the individual(s) or the entity(ies) originally intended. Access to this electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this electronic message by mistake, and destroy all copies of the original message."

"The sender believes that this e-mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, malicious code and/or other contaminants when sent. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, so this message and its attachments could have been infected, corrupted or made incomplete during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for any viruses or other defects that may arise, and for taking remedial action relating to such viruses and other defects. Neither Molten Inc nor any of its affiliated entities is liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from, or for errors or omissions in the contents of, this message or its attachments."