[Outages] 365main power interruption?

Adam Kujawski adamkuj
Tue Jul 24 18:16:42 EDT 2007

http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?type=bondsNews&storyID=2007-07-24T214600Z_01_N24247688_RTRIDST_0_UTILITIES-SANFRANCISCO-OUTAGES-UPDATE-1.XML

SAN FRANCISCO, July 24 (Reuters) - Sporadic power outages hit San
Francisco on Tuesday afternoon, affecting widespread areas including
the city's downtown financial district.

About 28,000 customers in San Francisco and an area south of the city
were affected, said Darlene Chiu, spokeswoman for Pacific Gas &
Electric Co., the main utility for the city. More than 20,000 of those
outages were in San Francisco, she said.

"We are investigating the cause of it," said Chiu, adding that the
utility is having on-and-off success in reconnecting customers by
backup circuits.

Traffic signals in much of downtown San Francisco were not working.
Bay Area Rapid Transit trains were moving, although some of the lights
in undergound stations were off, a BART spokesman told local radio.

The outages began about 2 p.m. PDT, Chiu said.

The utility is owned by PG&E Corp.