[Outages] Abovenet Routing Instability

Darrell Hyde DHyde
Thu Feb 28 14:26:27 EST 2008

>I also saw the notice Abovenet sent earlier this morning about the
>"backbone issue", though at that time we saw nothing.

Just received the following from Abovenet:

AboveNet is experiencing a network event.

Event Date & Time:

18:00 UTC, 28 Feb 2008

Event Description:

AboveNet is experiencing routing instability in it's global IP backbone.  Customers may be experiencing increased latency and packet loss during this event.  AboveNet is currently investigating the issue.  Updates will be made as they become available.