[outages] Cogent/Chicago [from Nanog, ticket number, poss. closed]

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jul 10 14:50:57 EDT 2008

Cogent, Chicago.  Opened, possibly closed.

Cheers,
-- jra

----- Forwarded message from Brandon Galbraith <brandon.galbraith at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:49:03 -0500
From: Brandon Galbraith <brandon.galbraith at gmail.com>
To: Darrell Hyde <dhyde at hostmysite.com>
Subject: Re: Cogent problems in Chicago area?
Cc: "nanog at nanog.org" <nanog at nanog.org>

On 7/10/08, Darrell Hyde <dhyde at hostmysite.com> wrote:

> > ...what did big 'ol 174 say?
>

> Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description:
> Welcome to Cogent Communications' Network Status Message. Today is
> 7/10/08 @ 12:30 ET. At this time, some customers in the Chicago region
> may be experiencing loss of connectivity in the 427 S LaSalle Data
> Center. The NOC and IP Engineering teams are working to isolate the
> issue and resolve as soon as possible. There is no Estimated Time to
> Repair at this time. Our ticket number for this issue is
> HD0000000759398. Next expected update in 20 minutes.

I can reach the equipment at that location again. Seems to be back up and
running.

-brandon

----- End forwarded message -----

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.