[outages] List comment

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Jun 24 14:39:31 EDT 2008

---------- dyork at lodestar2.com wrote: --------------
>> We don't need everyone's traceroute.
>> Hardly useful for others anyway unless they're your roommate.

I don't have a great solution to offer... I think the "community" here
is probably too new to split into separate "alerts" and "discussion"
lists.  I also personally don't care which type of list it is.  But I
would suggest this difference in expectations is perhaps at the route
of the original comment and others that have been on the list.

When a subject becomes uninteresting to a person, all he/she has to do is select based on the subject line and mass delete the thread.  It's not too hard.  I don't think the list has enough momentum to fragment it already.

It would be nice, though, if folks could clean up the traceroutes a bit before posting.  For example, remove the delay times when just showing there's connectivity to a particular destination.  Many traceroutes are a hard to read mess.

scott