[outages] List comment

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Tue Jun 24 16:42:04 EDT 2008

I don't have a problem with discussion because I use a mail client (mutt)
that nicely threads discussion.  So if I see a reported outage (and
subsequent discussion/analysis) that I care about: I read it all.  If I
see one that that I don't care about: it's trivially easy to ignore.

So as long as the "Subject" line is apropos (and is modified if it
becomes apparent that the actual outage doesn't fit the orginally
chosen subject) then I'd have no problem keeping up with this list
even if volume increased many times over.

And while the wiki is nice, I think it best to keep outage-related
discussions in a text-only forum that can be read and written by
people on alternative/slow/low-bandwidth connections -- because they
may well be compelled to use those *because* of an outage.

---Rsk