[Outages] Network meltdowns anywhere in US?

Shaun shaun
Wed May 28 23:50:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>        Sorry, would have posted this elsewhere, but I can't get
> to alot of places...
>
>        I originally started chasing not being able to get to
> 71.74.56.243 (RR Mail server). I then found out neither L3 nor
> my other connection saw it in the table. I checked a few other
> router servers, some had it, some didn't.
>
>        Now, though, I'm trying to get a few other places and
> most of them oddly seem to hang off L3.... (Like the outages
> list. :) )
>
>        Any ideas of there is some meltdown happening
> in L3 or elsewhere?

Looks like Level3 has trouble in Atlanta.

I'm in Memphis, with servers in Atlanta and Dallas. I'm currently seeing
transit from my residential connection to Atlanta through PCCW instead
of L3. Never would have noticed had I not seen your post, but PCCW is
not my normal route.