[Outages] Possible comcast.net DNS botch?

Rich Kulawiec rsk
Thu May 29 14:49:50 EDT 2008

It appears to me that at the moment (2:45 PM EDT) that comcast.net is
not resolving.  (I noticed this while checking a mail queue; oldest
entry in that queue outbound for Comcast is from 1:40 AM today.)
A very preliminary (and thus likely inaccurate) check of DNS suggests
to me that perhaps the glue records are missing at Verisign; neither
ns21.worldnic.com nor ns22.worldnic.com seems to know anything about
comcast.net at the moment.

I'd like to request that someone check my observations and reasoning
on this (doubly so since I've been awake for quite some time and am thus
particularly error-prone).

---Rsk