[outages] community real-time BGP hijack notification service

blackham at gmail.com blackham at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:42:41 EDT 2008

How is this different than PHAS?
http://phas.netsec.colostate.edu/

------Original Message------
From: Gadi Evron
Sender: outages-bounces at outages.org
To: outages at outages.org
Subject: [outages] community real-time BGP hijack notification service
Sent: Sep 14, 2008 5:02 AM

Hi, WatchMy.Net is a new community service to alert you when your prefix
has been hijacked, in real-time.

Following the discussion on NANOG a couple of weeks ago on what to do if
your prefix is hijacked, people mentioned that detection-wise, free
services are limited (to certain communities or by not being real-time).

The current fully public and free services will alert you with a few
hours delay.

Over labor day weekend we built a free real-time service. We invite people to
try it out during our beta stage.

Register for alerts at:
http://www.watchmy.net/

We hope you find it useful,
Avi Freedman, Andrew Fried && Gadi Evron.