[outages] Cox in Wichita

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Sep 23 00:55:28 EDT 2008

Portions of Cox in Wichita was down from 21:58 to 23:45 this evening.
So far the cause has been attributed to a Foundry switch somewhere in
their network.  I have PtPs between Wichita and a suburb (on Cox's PON
network in Wichita and dropped out of an ONS in the suburb) and a
+100Mbps Internet link to a suburb that when down (terminated on a 7600
in Cox's network and dropped out of the same ONS on the other end).  I
wouldn't have expected them all to cross the same switch but apparently
though somehow do.  As of right now they appear to be up and running again.

Justin