[outages] www.house.gov not reachable.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Sep 29 12:44:44 EDT 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:43:00 CDT, "Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr." said:

> They apparently block ICMP as current best practice seems to require.

Ahem.  Who said "block ICMP' is BCP?  Yes, there's some ICMP things that
you probably *should* block if they're to/from untrusted sources, but in
particular, host/net unreachable ICMP shouldn't be blocked, and the next
site I catch blocking 'Frag Needed' I'm gonna get on a plane and re-educate
them with a clue-by-four regarding what they're doing to PMTUD.