[outages] Blackberry Email Troubles?

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Thu Dec 17 11:47:24 EST 2009

Most intelligent post I have seen on this thread yet.

Why do people continue to pay extra for Blackberry's service when all they get are extraneous points of failure?

Blackberry offered a unique service about 10 years ago, but today they offer a less robust and more failure prone version of what you can do with 75% of cell phones and a corporate Exchange server.  If you don't care about the security features (profiles, remote wipe, etc) make that 95% of phones and any mail server.

-Scott