[outages] Blackberry Email Troubles?

jlsparks at gmail.com jlsparks at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:41:29 EST 2009

Actually he's correct. If you'll take a look at the BIS product docs at blackberry.com you will see that BIS-E does indeed poll non-preferred mail servers every 15 minutes. If mail is found, another poll is conducted 3 minutes later. This continues until no mail is found on the server, at which point the polling timer resets to 15 minutes. Of course, gmail, blackberry.net and other preferred providers act as true push (like BES), but pure BIS on a non-preferred mail server has a 15 minute poll.
Best
Jason