[outages] AIM partial problems?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Jun 12 10:46:36 EDT 2009

----- "Jeremy Chadwick" <outages at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> Are we certain this isn't another case of the underlying protocol (in
> this case OSCAR) being changed or adjusted in some way?

It's entirely possible it could be that, especially since it only seemed to be
happening to newly added contacts.

To confuse things worse, that new contact J of mine, *while still showing
up in Pidgin as unavailable*, did get through to me, and I could chat with
her.  Though I could not originate to her, and I think she still saw me as
offline.

I wouldn't object to switching to some other protocol/server, but I have
Metcalfe's Law problems...

Cheers,
-- jra

    Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
     Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.