[outages] inet-access mailing list?

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue May 5 19:35:20 EDT 2009

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> Chris Adams wrote:
>> I tried to send something to the good old inet-access mailing list
>> (@inet-acces.net) and the server (duct.tape.net) has been rejecting SMTP
>> connections for at least a day and a half.  Does anybody know if this is
>> a temporary thing, or has another old useful resource disappeared?
>
> Dunno the answer to your question, but SPAM-L just signed off, NANOG is
> a hostile wasteland.
>
> Maybe the time to sign off email has arrived.

Damn shame SPAM-L is about to be shut down. Seems the archives are going
away too and my personal store only goes back to March 2005. Lots of
usefulness in there in spite of the reasons specified for its demise.
It's also a shame that everything is offtopic on NANOG. The last thing I
got from inet-access was Nov. 15, 2008.

What exactly is left? Does anyone know? Not really interested in web
forums. Are there any worthwhile groups on usenet that aren't a spam
magnet? Maybe it's time to fire up an NNTP server.

~Seth