[outages] Long latency in receiving email on this list/Other observations about today's Google Incident

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri May 15 10:19:23 EDT 2009

Seth Mattinen wrote:

> As far as deliveries, yeah, I notice some posts to the list show up
> hours later than others. Never tried to gather any data about it, though.

When I saw this topic come up, I chuckled to my self: "yaknow, it was
not that long ago that we marveled that I could get an email from
Sausalito to College Park and an answer back in less time than the same
messages would take by US Mail."

When it got down to a roundtrip in the same day.....
--
Requiescas in pace o email              Two identifying characteristics
                                              of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:
	http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
	http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml