[outages] [Outages-discussion] Verizon slowdown between 1130 and 1330 each day this week

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed May 20 15:46:34 EDT 2009

----- "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong with the traceroute.  There is no router
> output showing drops or other errors, so who knows about that.  Is he
> just concerned with the number of hops?  That's not impacting his
> service.  Boston to NYC is 7msec.  Then 22-23msec from NYC to Chicago.

My read was just that he included the traceroute so the OP could see the
route in question, not that he was holding it up as an example of the problem.

Seems sensible to me, though he could have been more explicit.

Cheers,
-- jra

    Start a man a fire, and he'll be warm all night.
     Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.