[outages] [Fwd: [Outages-discussion] NYC T1's]

Andrew Melton amelton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:25:22 EDT 2010

This DACS outage is going on 5 days now.  Verizon seems to have contracted
BP to coordinate the repairs in New York.

On Jul 27, 2010 7:28 AM, "Network Operations" <noc at clearrate.com> wrote:

Now I really want to know - a DACS shouldn't have anything that directly
leaves the office (DS1s go through HDSL smartjacks, DS3s leave the building
on fiber, and obviously anything fiber fed leaves the office on fiber.

The battery plant is filtered, and there's nothing crazier than telco
grounding.

If it was a water leak, they wouldn't be working with the vendor to fix it,
and they'd own up to that.

I'd be willing to bet this is like the rest of their ILEC network, wherein
redundancy seems to just mean 'we don't have to address failures because
there's a backup system'.

(I think it's pretty interesting that VZW knew better than to use VZ ILEC's
network)