[outages] AT&T Conferencing Outage - More Updates

Brian DuRoss bduross at learningcaregroup.com
Fri Mar 12 14:25:21 EST 2010

Alert#

Date/Time

Status

5

03/12/2010 10:56 A

The NSDNET technicians are still working to isolate the trouble. The NSDNET technicians tried bringing down the r2dnvr100 router to force the traffic to the r2dnvr101 router. However, this did not resolve the issue. The r2dnvr100 router was brought back up. There is no ETTR available at this time.

6

03/12/2010 12:31 P

Technical teams continue to segment and test the various links and platforms in Denver. The BVoIP team re-pointed the Call Control Element from Atlanta to Philadelphia. Call completing has improved, however some blocked calls are still occurring.

The issue appears to be related to a message storm in the EIGRP protocol, which is used by the various routers to communicate between themselves and the various external end points (centers and elements).

Web conferencing services continue to have impacts due to heavy backups at the top and bottoms of the hours for both ATT Connect and ATT Web Meeting services. Customers may be experiencing delays and synchronization issues.

--
Brian DuRoss
Learning Care Group