[outages] RIM MXs down?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon May 17 09:17:55 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> No discernable delay on close.  So apparently at least *some* Blackberry
> incoming MXs are broke.  Improperly thinking I'm on a blacklist, and
> dropping
> the connection without telling me why is a valid value for "broke".

Yet it does seem that's the kind of "broke" that is occurring.   I'm seeing
a 100% success rate in connecting from a datacenter IP, and 100% failure
rate (with the same symptoms you've described) from a cable modem IP.

I believe the RIM BIS front-end boxes are IronPorts, so checking your IP's
SenderBase score would be a good place to start (http://senderbase.org)

  Scott.