[outages] Facebook down?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Nov 18 12:35:17 EST 2010

John Von Essen wrote:
> I mentioned this to Virendra in that survey that was sent out, but why
> do we feel its important to track facebook being up or down?

Sad as it may be, millions of people think Facebook is "the internet."
They use it as their home page and rarely leave.  FB is now one of the
top five search engines, because people search there, since it is "the
internet" for them.  They use it as their e-mail, their calendar of
events, and their contact list.

When FB dies, they call their ISP and report that the internet is down.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve