[outages] Facebook down?

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Thu Nov 18 12:51:09 EST 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, John Von Essen wrote:

> I could care less whether or not Facebook is up or down. Facebook doesn't
> effect the rest of the internet like a Level3 or ATT outage, or or fiber cut
> in NYC.

I could care less about a fiber cut in NYC.

Please keep your fiber cut emails to yourself, I dont find them
appropriate for this list.

> I'm not opposed to other sites being reported. If Google is down, thats big,
> because Google provides a ton email proxy services. Likewise, the post about

funny, facebook provides a lot more services than you (clearly) care to
know about as well.

in my ops roll, if facebook is down (either APIs or customer interface) I
-DO- want to know, because my job, my company, and my customers, "depend"
on it.

just because you don't use it doesnt mean others dont.  (hence my comment
about the fiber cuts)

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais at icantclick.org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html