[outages] Internet latency - or was it just Verizon?

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Oct 12 13:06:46 EDT 2010

InternetPulse didn't record anything:

http://www.internetpulse.net/Main.aspx?Metric=TCP

Frank

From: outages-bounces at outages.org [mailto:outages-bounces at outages.org] On
Behalf Of Steven Fischer
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:36 AM
To: outages at outages.org
Subject: [outages] Internet latency - or was it just Verizon?

at about 10:20AM EST we noticed our response times/latency from all external
web sites we monitor (CNN, Google, MSN, etc.) go through the roof.  We
noticed also a ridiculous number/percentage of dropped packets (about 50-60%
to all these sites).  On hold with Verion now,(and I suspect I'll be on hold
for a while) but if anyone can enlighten me as to what happened, it'd be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Fischer
Sr. Network Engineer

--
To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his
glorious presence without fault and with great joy