[outages] [ADMIN] OUTAGES.ORG Survey: Your Participation Requested.

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Oct 29 15:02:04 EDT 2010

The survey has a few question / answer pairs which do not seem to make sense.  For instance:

Q: Do you have concerns about sharing details (lesson learned) regarding your company outages?
A: Yes (we believe in transparency)
If you believed in transparency, why would you have concerns about sharing lessons?

During a critical outage of your infrastructure that results in public-visible outages, updates (internal/external) are provided by your Network Operations or is there a special group for outages closure / notification?
Does that question even make sense?  I'm guessing you meant to ask "ARE updates provided by your NOC...".  And there is no way to say "no, provided by a specific group outside Operations".

Other than those, I tried to fill out the survey.  Looking forward to the results.

--
TTFN,
patrick