[outages] Packet loss between as6453/Tata, or GBLX/nLayer

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Wed Dec 21 16:37:29 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Steve Rubin <ser at layer42.net> wrote:
> Comcast link to 6453 full as usual I am sure.

Counter to common wisdom, I've not seen issues delivering traffic to
7922 by way of 6453 in San Jose, as of late.  I have, however, run
into issues utilizing 3356, centered around evening local time.  There
are rumours on the Internets pointing to 3356 refusing to finance
upgrades as requested, however no public statements from either party.

There's also most assuredly something messed up with GX in general, or
specific adjacencies in particular, inside the Bay Area.  This isn't a
common path for us, and so I'm afraid I'm light on particulars.

Personal experiences, YMMV,
-a