[outages] XO in DC/Herndon: Can only ping even numbered IPs?

Cary Wiedemann carywiedemann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:21:03 EDT 2011

William sir,

I wish it were that simple.  Even google.com and cnn.com's
odd-numbered round-robin DNS IPs are unreachable, along with the
odd-numbered IPs of any intermediary routers after our second hop.

Jonathan Lassoff probably hit the nail on the head with a failed
link-aggregation scheme; of course XO hasn't provided any explanation
yet.

Nobody else in the Fairfax, VA region with an XO-provided T1's is
experiencing this one?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

- Cary Wiedemann
--Frantically setting up proxies on even-numbered IPs

--
Sent from my mobile device