[outages] Google Apps

Paul Miller listmail at voltar-confed.org
Sun Mar 20 22:17:11 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:09:50PM -0700, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> I had a few SSO issues and inability to access our apps domain several
> times this week.

I find I have trouble every day or two with the google logins
when I'm logged into several accounts at the same time.  The
verification redirects fail in various stupid ways and the only
solution I have found is to go to http://google.com/ and log out
— which erases the cookie and logs you out of all your accounts
at once.

Then I relog into all my accounts in the right order (seriously,
it has to be by login order? it can't be by account name?  You
can't bookmark the right account unless you login in the right
order?)

Then a day or two later it fails in some novel way and I have to
log out and relog all my accounts … again …

… and again …

… and again …

I keep hoping they'll get their shit together with the multiple
login cookies eventually, but it's been like a year, so I just
use the workaround.

Perhaps it's something like that?

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
116 jumps, 48.6 minutes of freefall, 92.9 freefall miles.