[outages] netflix streaming, browsing down for the last 30 minutes, now DVD shipping too

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:23:13 EDT 2011

At first I was getting connection resets.  18 minutes ago:

"We’re sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch
movies are both temporarily unavailable."

I don't have a quote but it went on to stress DVD shipping operations
were still up and running.  Now the shipping is down as well:

"We are sorry, the Netflix website and our DVD shipping operations are
temporarily down.
Our engineers are working hard to bring the site and shipping
operations back up as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience
and, again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you need further
assistance, please call us at 1-877-445-6064."

Cheers,
Dave Hart