[outages] netflix streaming, browsing down for the last 30 minutes, now DVD shipping too

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:43:58 EDT 2011

Thanks for the confirmation and report it started hours earlier.
They've changed the error message to a third variant now, not
mentioning the DVD shipping at all (which is what I would have
expected from the beginning, really):

"We are sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch
movies are both temporarily unavailable.
Our engineers are working hard to bring the site and ability to watch
instantly back up as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience
and, again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you
need further assistance, please call us at 1-877-445-6064."

It sounds global, but I note I'm coming from a Clearwire 4G connection
near Seattle (the IPv4 address of clear.davehart.net).

Dave Hart