[outages] Hurricane Electric - Fremont DC Down

nevin at enginehosting.com nevin at enginehosting.com
Fri May 6 07:48:29 EDT 2011

On Friday, May 6, 2011 6:19am, "Michael Greb" <michael at thegrebs.com> said:

> The Fremont Hurricane Electric facilities are down, unknown if it
> network or power.  We are unable to get them on the phone, no off
> network status page I'm aware of.

Based on traceroute/ping tests form multiple locations it was their San Jose facility that is usually in the middle of traceroutes into our systems in Fremont 1 was the likely dead location.  After about ~1hr 40 minutes ping/traceroutes we do from Houston, TX; Amsterdam; Hong Kong; Sydney and Sao Paulo, Brazil all are showing normal routing and ping times to our systems in the Fremont 1 facility even with normal ranges of latency.  So more likely than not something died in their San Jose location.

-- Nevin Lyne
-- Founder / Director of Technology
-- EngineHosting.com
-- 888-576-HOST or 612-234-8964