[outages] Time Warner Cable outage

Christopher J. Pilkington cjp at 0x1.net
Mon Nov 7 14:53:44 EST 2011

We had an interesting issue with AS209. When the Level(3) problem
occurred, our BGP session with them started hold time expiring every 2
- 10 minutes, and horrendous packet loss to our advertised prefix.

Finally got a human around 1830 UTC with access to their router, he
claimed he did nothing yet it conveniently fixed itself after we
received cease from their end. Now they're blaming local loop even
though we saw 0% loss when sourcing pings from the interface IP
assigned by them.