[outages] Anyone seeing major IP problems right now?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Nov 11 11:27:42 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Geoffrey Mina" <gmina at connectfirst.com>

> I don't have any details. Still trying to figure out what the problem is.
> We aren't getting complaints of not being able to connect to our network by
> our customers, but we are seeing a lot of problems between us and our
> upstream ITSP vendors. Our ITSP vendors also seem to be having a lot
> of problems with call setups.

First, be careful about forwarding internal mail out to mailing lists; you
can leak things that way which people might prefer you didn't.

Second, if XO is involved, you should see this week's NANOG archive, wherein
we discuss the fact that XO has been known to put in blocks down to the
IP/port level without notice; it's possible that might have some bearing on
your problems.  This was specifically mentioned in the context of SIP.

Cheers,
-- jra