[outages] META: How To Ask Questions On Mailing Lists

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Nov 11 11:34:54 EST 2011

I'd like to remind everyone of -- and encourage you to read, if you haven't
lately -- my two favorite essays on how to get help from the Internet:

The first is "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" by Eric Raymond and Rick
Moen:

and the second is PuTTY author Simon Tatham's "How To Report Bugs Effectively":

The short version is: people on the Internet help you for free.  Remember that,
and do your homework first, so that they don't make fun of you for sport
instead.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra