[outages] SBC/AT&T Issues in So. California

Jeremy Chadwick outages at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Sep 2 19:40:36 EDT 2011

Lack of data here isn't of much help.  You'd need to provide
mtr/traceroutes (both directions, not just from one endpoint!) for
starters.

There is no more SBC (they've been officially gone for a few years.  I
know because my workplace used to handle their primary source of IVR for
technical assistance, line debugging, etc. and they're long gone.  Have
you contacted AT&T?

This might also be of interest to you.  You will need to read all the
threads and hope end-users have taken the time to be diligent in their
statements/research (most are not):

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,pcb

I know dealing with AT&T is equivalent to David vs. Goliath.  Good luck.

| UNIX Systems Administrator                   Mountain View, CA, US |