[outages] GoDaddy DNS Issues?

Jeremy Chadwick outages at jdc.parodius.com
Tue Sep 20 17:40:35 EDT 2011

Yes, it means DNS timeout or an ACL/network-level issue vs. getting back
an exclusive response from the query that says "I reject".

Are you using IPv6?  Can you turn off IPv6 to ensure that your
tunnelling provider isn't causing this?

This is networking troubleshooting 101, you should have folks on staff
or available via phone who should be able to help diagnose this problem.
Analysis of packet capture from each device up to your ISP should be
sufficient.

| UNIX Systems Administrator                   Mountain View, CA, US |