[outages] SF South Bay: chronic latency/packet loss between Abovenet/Comcast at Great Oaks

Craig Cooter cootercopter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:46:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
<outages at jdc.parodius.com>wrote:

> I guess there's no need for anyone to do this.  I completely forgot that
> Abovenet has a looking glass.
>
> They absolutely see a route announcement for 72.20.96.0/19 from AS7151,
> including from mpr4.sjc7.us.above.net (keep reading):

Their web looking glass isn't enough for this purpose. You need to see at
least
- what communities are on the route
- what the outbound policy is on the session
- what the inbound policy is on the other side

All you have here is 'route in table'.

I still have a ticket open with my co-lo provider to investigate the
> Level 3 link they have.

This is what you should have done in the first place; deal with the people
you pay for service and push them to do their job.

CC