[outages] Ontario Circuit Outages

Chris Burwell cburwell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:51:09 EDT 2012

Starting around 7:45 AM (-5 GMT) we started receiving alerts that our
primary and backup AT&T managed WAN circuits in St. Catharines,
Ontario were down. Based on reports from the office our PRI is also
down (no SRST). In addition, other businesses in the area are
experiencing the same issues.

The only information I have is from one of our employees that spoke
with a telco worker who said a tree had taken out some fiber.

Six hours later and we have no ETTR, and AT&T seems to be unaware that
there is a local/regional issue.

Has anyone heard anything?

- Chris