[outages] Cogent outage ???

Adam Durity adurity at aetoscapital.com
Thu Dec 6 12:21:38 EST 2012

Yes, we are seeing this in NYC. From status.cogentco.com:

**          Cogent Network Status Report Last Updated Thurs Dec 06 17:00:49 2012 GMT         **

Network Status: Normal
DNS Status: Normal
Network Status Description
Welcome to the Cogent Communications status page. Customers located in the New York City area may be experiencing an outage. This is currently being investigated by the Cogent NOC. There is no Estimated time to repair. The master case is HD5267626.

For customers hosted and provisioned through our New York hosting center at 33 Whitehall: Power is being supplied by generator and there is No Estimated Time of Repair for commercial power to be restored to the building. We will update our Network status page if there is any change.

On Wednesday, December 5 - Limited access to the hosting center will be available from 12PM to 5PM

To request site access you must send email to support at cogentco.com with a subject of "33 Whitehall Access Request". Building occupancy is limited to five individuals per escort interval, so only one representative per company at a time is allowed. This person will be allowed access for one hour. Customers will be assigned an access slot based on the order in which their email request was received. Customers will be notified via email of their assigned time.

To request a server reboot you must send email to support at cogentco.com with a subject of "33 Whitehall Server Reboot Request"

Regards,
Adam Durity
Aetos Capital